Remote publishing workflows are, for obvious reasons, not the same as in-office workflows. Yet, says Kilian Schalk, founder of PurpleGray Consulting, many a team flounder and productivity nose-dives because they do not adjust long-established workflows for new remote working requirements.
***Places for our first FIPP Insider Webinar are now filled, even after we increased capacity. For those unable to attend, we will make a recording available after the event. Watch out for more FIPP Insider Webinars as guests from around the world join us to discuss cutting edge topics, including tips on how they are coping with Covid-19 lockdowns. Our next webinar is on 16 April, at 2 pm GMT, with editor of the Innovation World Report 2020/21 and Innovation Media Consulting director John Wilpers as our guest.***
Kilian, an expert in content workflow design and implementation and former Condé Nast managing editor, will be a guest on the first episode of our new FIPP Insider Webinar series.
The webinar takes place on Monday 30 March at 3 pm Greenwich Mean Time. Participation is free.
Kilian Schalk, Founder, PurpleGray
1. The workflow you use in-office will not bring you the same results now that you are remote-working. "It will seem fine," says Kilian, " but delays will happen, and you will not know why. Now what?"
2. Bad habits form quickly. "We are going to be working remotely for months, so you better act before those habits embed."
3. Small bugs in the typical office workflow can become full-scale problems in the remote one. Kilian will talk about the ways to avoid it.
4. Good remote practice puts a premium on trust, openness and sharing. "Avoid the trap of thinking if you want something done right, you should do it yourself. We will discuss how you can build trust remotely, as well as the steps to take to make sure the team accepts the adjustments you made."
5. Finally, Kilian will discuss some of the technical tools that every team member needs to know? "Yes, and that includes even the boss."
James Hewes, President and CEO of FIPP, will host the webinar. Join him, and Kilian at 3 pm GMT on Monday, 30 March.
There are only 100 places available for this webinar. Sign up now to reserve yours.
It's totally free.
ICYMI: Here's a feature article from 17 March of an interview with Kilian about best ways of setting up remote processes for your teams, if you want to read more before the webinar.
VDZ and FIPP, joint organisers of the Digital Innovators’ Summit (DIS), are today announcing that the 2020 edition will be postponed until September. This is due to the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 virus outbreak.13th Mar 2020 FIPP News
For speakers, delegates or exhibitors who may be concerned about the current COVID-19 outbreak5th Mar 2020 FIPP News
Our standard rate offer, saving €200 per ticket, ends Monday. Sign up now2nd Mar 2020 FIPP News
There aren’t too many things that we can be sure of in these increasingly bizarre times. But here are two.23rd Mar 2020 Features
After taking a look back at the pivotal moments in publishing over the last decade, FIPP Insider now looks ahead at the next 10 years. With the help of industry experts, Ashley and Charlotte explore the three key areas shaping the media: technology, business and finance; and culture.23rd Mar 2020 Features
Remote publishing workflows are, for obvious reasons, not the same as in-office workflows. Yet, says Kilian Schalk, founder of PurpleGray Consulting, many a team flounder and productivity nose-dives because they do not adjust long-established workflows for new remote working requirements.26th Mar 2020 FIPP News
Facebook has announced a $100 million investment to support the news industry with important COVID-19 pandemic coverage.30th Mar 2020 Industry News
Many brands are seeing an opportunity to innovate by adding a digital element to their print offering. In the advertising space in particular a number of brands have created ‘experiential content’ for their audiences by combining the two. Here, we explore some examples.30th Mar 2020 Insight News
Visit our Youtube channelFIND OUT MORE
FIPP newsletters allow you to keep up with industry trends, research, training and events across the worldFIND OUT MORE
What’s happening now, what’s coming next