The exclusive FIPP World Media Congress is the largest global gathering of its kind for magazine media publishers from around the world. It is the place where influential international publishers gather to share knowledge, build business contacts and friendships and do business.
The 42nd FIPP World Congress is now a little over one month away, taking place from 1 pm on 12 November to 1 pm on 14 November at the newly refurbished Planet Hollywood resort in Las Vegas, the USA. There are many reasons to attend.
Hear from leading speakers at organisations and brands such as:
- Aller Media, Norway; Associated Media, South Africa; Axel Springer, Germany
- BAFTA LA, USA; BBC, UK; Condé Nast, USA; Dennis, UK; Dow Jones, USA and Hong Kong;
- Forbes Media, USA; Google, USA; Hearst Magazines, USA; Hubert Burda Media, Germany;
- Immediate Media, UK; La Nacion, Argentina; Media Convergence, Australia;
- Meredith Corporation, USA; Microsoft; USA Monocle, UK; National Geographic, USA;
- Nylon, USA; Politico, Belgium and USA; Schibsted, Norway; Shueisha, Japan;
- Trusted Media Brands, USA; Vikatan Publishers, India; TIME, USA; YouTube, USA; and more…
The agenda runs over two days, starting from 1pm on 12 November and ending again at 1pm on 14 November. More than 70 speakers will be on stage, discussing topics such as:
- Overall organisational transformation to preparing for the next 3+ years
- A range of revenue models including subscriptions, events and others
- Content optimisation and storytelling in the 2020s
- Investment, private equity and media ownership
- People: leadership and motivation
- Tech and media: data, AI, 5G and more
- Politics, platforms, media and audience trust
- A look elsewhere: Lessons from the movies, video, gaming and podcasting
- Magazine media: from covers to engagement to audience research, to distribution, and what we expect to come next
From 7 pm to 9 pm on 12 November we have our Opening Drinks and Awards ceremony, an ideal opportunity to mingle and meet fellow delegates in a relaxed, social environment. All delegates are welcome to attend.
The speaker stages are all set around the hub of the event where delegates can explore the palm tree lined “FIPP Strip”, showcasing the latest innovations, thought leadership and practical solutions to every business need. Complete with its own bar, street entertainers and media city stage the FIPP Strip offers a wealth of opportunity to cultivate new ideas and form partnerships. Each stand is uniquely themed with a Vegas twist and a few surprises.
Delegates can formalise their networking by searching and pre-booking meetings in a dedicated area across the whole event using our deal room platform. This functionality will be available two weeks in advance of the Congress. Join us in Vegas!
More like this
The FIPP World Media Congress is going online for the first time in its 95-year-old history, running over four weeks from 2-30 September 2020.21st May 2020 FIPP News
With advertising taking flight during coronavirus uncertainty, publishers have reported not only up-ticks in subscriptions but in other activities such as e-commerce too.17th May 2020 FIPP News
The post lockdown or intermittent lockdown world will provide a blend of challenges and opportunities for media organisations. Many long-held business assumptions, strategies and product offerings will require re-evaluation and thought.15th May 2020 FIPP News
Join us for a free webinar with Mather Economics and Atlantic Media, where we will discuss how to use data-driven pricing strategies, and some other tips, to help you grow subscription revenues.7th May 2020 FIPP News
With countries around the world beginning to ease restrictions, the thoughts of many in the magazine media industry are turning to when and how, and if they will return to the office.2nd Jun 2020 Features
British Vogue has dedicated its July issue to ‘the new front line’, producing three unique covers featuring keyworkers from the frontline of the coronavirus pandemic. The three cover stars include Midwife, Rachel Millar, London Overground Driver, Narguis Horsford, and Supermarket Assistant, Anisa Omar.2nd Jun 2020 Industry News
The pace of change has never been this fast, yet it will never be this slow again.” Such has been the speed of disruption in the publishing industry in recent years, that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s words at the 2019 World Economic Forum in Davos could have been written specifically for it.2nd Jun 2020 Insight News
On 20 May, Travel + Leisure magazine hosted a webinar looking at the luxury travel sector, both now and after Covid-19. A panel of editors from international editions around the world also examined how the magazine is tailoring its traditional content offering to meet the needs of audiences during the global lockdown.1st Jun 2020 Features
In the most recent FIPP Insider webinar, leading voices from Dow Jones spoke on some of the opportunities and challenges now facing publishers in a world of intermittent lockdowns. You can view the webinar in full below.1st Jun 2020 Insight News
Visit our Youtube channelFIND OUT MORE
FIPP newsletters allow you to keep up with industry trends, research, training and events across the worldFIND OUT MORE
What’s happening now, what’s coming next