There are now only HOURS left to sign up for DIS2020 in Berlin with our exclusive Early Bird offer, shaving 400€ per ticket off the eventual rate! This offer ends on Friday 31 January.
The 13th edition of DIS, Europe's premier event focused on innovation in digital media, takes place on 24-25 March in Berlin. Here are five reasons (and a little extra) why you should act now to join us in Berlin.
1. Hear stories from those who lead and those who do.The DIS agenda brings together not only people in the top tiers of media but also practitioners who are experts at their craft. People like Refinery29 co-founder Philippe von Borries, who at DIS2020 will speak about building a multi-million-dollar-digital media business, and Dave Jorgenson, who will explain how he has built up a cult Tik-Tok following for The Washington Post. See the list of speakers added so far.
2. DIS brings you an agenda covering a range of cutting-edge topics, from multiple markets. From issues such as organisational culture and the future of work to insight into media companies, across various markets, finding success with digital subscription revenues. From considering the risk to media of deep fakes to what Google is doing to promote online safety. From lessons for publishers from the world of streaming services to insight into how companies such as VICE Media and Vogel Communications (B2B) constantly evolve. And so much more. See the preliminary agenda.
3. If there is one thing no digital service can replicate, it is the opportunity for people to meet one-to-one, face-to-face. Meeting colleagues from around the world is as much part of the DIS experience as its agenda and speakers. Several attendees who have attended over the years will by now know each other well. Newcomers will have ample time to introduce themselves and join in with the conversation. It's business, of course, but it is and should also be fun.
4. Be there for the launch of FIPP/IMC's Innovation in Media World Report 2020/21. By now an institution at DIS, Innovation Media Consulting's John Wilpers, editor of the book, will be on stage to share insight into the media world's top innovations and innovation trends. What's more, each delegate will receive a free digital copy of the book. For those who want it in a tangible form, print, there will be copies available at a hugely discounted rate (60€ versus the regular price of roughly 155€).
5. Number five is, well, two reasons, actually. One is the DIS host city of Berlin, one of the most cosmopolitan, vibrant and iconic cities in the modern world. Two is you will get all of this, provided you book by Friday, at a discounted rate saving you €400 per every ticket you purchase. It all adds up! Sign up here before this Early Bird offer ends on Friday, 31 January.
We hope to see you in Berlin in March!
More like this
From Wednesday (12 February) to Friday (14 February -- Valentine's Day!) you will get not only a discount of €1,000/ticket on Congress 2020 tickets, but also one night for free in a top hotel near the event venue.10th Feb 2020 FIPP News
In 2020, the 43rd edition of the FIPP World Media Congress, will take place in picturesque Estoril, Portugal on 15 and 16 September (within Opening Night on 14 September).5th Feb 2020 FIPP News
To be launched on 24 March at the DIS2020 (Digital Innovators' Summit) in Berlin, Innovation in Media 2020-21 World Report focuses on human capital and monetisation.3rd Feb 2020 FIPP News
A FIPP article from October 2019 discussed the rise in strategists, chief people herders, ninjas, rockstars and viral meme makers. These changes in role titles are reflective of the shifts in the industry. As the media industry changes, people are also changing their skillsets to remain competitive. Here, FIPP members Condé Nast, Hearst, Meredith Corporation, Editorial Perfil, Mondadori and The River Group list the definitive skills to survive in the media industry in 2020 and beyond.17th Feb 2020 Features
Furniture and décor online destination Wayfair has launched CosmoLiving by Cosmopolitan in the UK, in a brand licensing partnership with Hearst and Dorel, brokered by IMG.24th Feb 2020 Industry News
FIPP's latest Global Digital Subscription Snapshot reveals the music streaming services with the most subscribers worldwide.17th Feb 2020 Insight News
FIPP has today launched a new podcast, filled with news, insights, and opinions from around the media world. The first season will feature four episodes, each hosting different voices from across the industry.24th Feb 2020 Features
Football magazine FourFourTwo expands with the arrival of its new partner in Turkey: Lobby Lobos. The brand initially entered the Turkish market in 2006.17th Feb 2020 Launches
Visit our Youtube channelFIND OUT MORE
FIPP newsletters allow you to keep up with industry trends, research, training and events across the worldFIND OUT MORE
What’s happening now, what’s coming next